Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

New Class - Gelling with Lenore Crawford!

I will be having a new class I know everyone will be excited to take!  It covers how to use a gel medium to create realistic fiber art projects on canvas and including how to make those beautiful shoes I was doing last year!  The place you will register is at this link http://www.fiberartconnection.com/the-artistsclasses-session-2.html.  I will show you how to make a pattern from a photo and then use it with your fabrics to design a gelled product!  It's a very simple way to make a very detailed realistic looking art project!  Just like your photo!  You know my work.  This is a way to make the same type of designs but not having to sew them afterward!  I always wanted to figure that issue out because for me the work part was always the sewing!  Here are a couple of examples.


These pieces were created on a stretched canvas 11"H X 14"W.  I used a little fabric paint on them after gelling was done to add more detail.  


This project of the crocuses is the one we will be creating in the class from a photo I took in my yard!  You can make the background any color you like but it's nice to use something that contrasts with the flowers so they stand out!  As a bonus class we will be covering some shoes with wonderful bright Kaffe Fassett fabrics!  I love them!  


I covered white tennis shoes with yellow and orange Kaffe Fassett fabrics and loved this combination the best!  They are my favorites!  Of course you can use any fabrics you like and even make them less complex than I did.  You will have the option to do them however you want.   So much fabric, so little time!!!  I hope you will sign up to take the class and have a great time with us in September!



3 comments:

  1. When you fall, do not remain there under. Fall does not mean losing, it just means you have to get up and try to get back

    Teripang Membantu Penyembuhan TBC Tulang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Success begins with our thoughts. Success is the condition of our minds. If you want success, then you should start thinking that you are successful and fill your mind with success.

    Jenis-jenis Herpes Dan Gejalanya

    ReplyDelete