Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Designing Nearly Finished!

After all this time I am nearly finished with this piece.  I have a little more re-doing on the geranium section at the top and then it's finished.  I will then have to top-stitch it of course, but the rest will be done.  This piece as I mentioned before has been a challenge.  Creating the foliage and flowers was not easy.  They were all fussy cut and assembled individually.  Also the leaves were done this way too.  Here is a picture of it so far.  I will be changing the shadow at the base of the geraniums a bit, but otherwise I am mostly happy with it. 

Priest's House Entrance

I'm not sure what to call it now.  It is the entrance to the priest's house in Yvoire, a picture I took a few years ago.  I am very happy with the hydrangeas on the left now.  Of course the blue ones are more of a focal point so they pop out.  The ones on the left don't have to.  This piece is quite large too at about 45"H X 60"W.  It will be a challenge to top-stitch!  If you have any ideas on names, please let me know.  My email address is lenorecrawford@charter.net, my new one!  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! It has been fun watching as you have been creating this one. It is terrific! You have really caught the light and shadows beautifully.

    ReplyDelete