Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Quilt Life Article

My piece, Port of Cassis, is the Centerfold for the current October issue of Quilt Life Magazine!  It's very exciting to see it in this way.  The photos show it well.  Also toward the end of the magazine I have a technique article on how I create my architectural pieces from photos.  You can learn how to make your own art quilts from your own photos.  I of course always have my technique CDs which show in greater detail how to do this that can be purchased from my website at this link:  http://www.lenorecrawford.com/patterns_by_lenore_crawford.htm.  My latest technique Cd shows how to create a shredded art quilt using your scraps and some tulle.  Noriko Endo, a Japanese quilt artist, started using this technique and has made beautiful art quilts with it.  Also on this CD I show how I do my bindings using glue to finish it.  I never hand stitch any of the bindings anymore.  My fingers get so sore! 

Port of Cassis, 2011, Best Wall Quilt AQS Show Paducah 2011
 

This piece was very fun to create but also a construction challenge.  Sometimes we don't know exactly how to get the look we know we want.  I'm very happy it now resides in the National Quilt Museum in Paducah! 















1 comment:

  1. This is such a wonderful piece, and am delighted it is being honored by being placed in the museum.

    ReplyDelete