Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fabric Collage


I have tried a new technique!  I'm always trying new things since I get bored doing the same old thing all the time.  This technique is one where I was trying to emulate Laura Breitman's.  Check out her work on her website http://www.laurabreitman.net/.  Her work is incredible!  Very detailed.  It takes a long time to create a finished work using tiny pieces of fabric.  I used a little larger pieces for the background and I like the effect.  The rose is made up of very small pieces, about 1/2" in size.  The overall size is 20"H X 24"W.  The collage was created using gel medium on a white stretched canvas.  I used a little fabric paint to add detail to the center and brighten some of the edges.  The paint goes a long way in this technique.  I am going to try more of this.  No sewing involved.  I had never used gel medium and didn't know even how to use it.  But where there's a will there's a way!  I have a beautiful photo of an incredible sunset I have been wanting to recreate in fabric.  Not sure if I will do it this way or the regular fused way.  We'll see!  Check out my website at www.lenorecrawford.com to see more of my techniques on CD.  I now have the shredded art quilt technique available on CD-ROM.  Also I have a lot of my art available on my Etsy site at http://www.etsy.com/shop/LenoreCrawford where this rose is listed! 

1 comment:

  1. It's gorgeous. I'm on my way to checking out the process for it.

    ReplyDelete